Sometimes you need to kick off your shoes and crash for a bit and this calming music tracklist should help you relax. Find some inner peace for your eardrums and soul with a nice little introspective musical vacation from yourself and others. There's no chance of being shaken off the couch or collapsing into tears with these tunes:
- "Lilac Wine" Soft guitar with an angelic voice greets you and takes you under its wing in "Lilac Wine." Jeff Buckley has a rare voice that seems to know no boundaries and with it he puts you in a cocoon that the world cannot penetrate. This calming music not only protects but bathes you clean of all worry and frustration as you slip deep into a blissful hypnosis as the vocals mesmerize and untangle you.
- "Souvenir" Morphine puts the best mix of smoky vocals with sultry bass into "Souvenir." A song that speaks to memory and letting go of the material world is a calming masterpiece. The bass fills your chest to point where it almost breathes for you while Mark Sandman's voice kicks away any ties that are binding you to your angers and sorrows and lets you float on unimpeded. A perfect song to fall into as you sink into the couch and relax.
- "Just Like a Man" Way Out West gifts you with feminine vocals and an undercut bass so that its power doesn't overwhelm so much as linger thus carrying you on its own power through this calming song. "Just Like a Man" carves a slow journey for you. Much like running water that slowly carves out a canyon, you won't be cognizant of the power behind the music until it has already marked you permanently. Slough off your fears and let this calming music take you back from the grasp of time passing as you melt into each note.
- "D'Artagnan's Theme" Citizen Cope fills your shoes for a while as he takes the weight off your own feet and places it square upon his. A soft music bed lets his vocals take your focus as you drift along with him. A built up chorus allows you to sing along if you want, but you can just as easily lay back and let his energy speak for you. Calming as well as catchy means you have in "D'Artagnan's Theme" a song that will attach itself to your consciousness, ready to be brought up in your memory at a moment's notice.
- "Everybody Here is a Cloud" As long as it isn't blackened and filled with lightning, there are few things as calming and tranquil as a cloud. With "Everybody Here is a Cloud" you get transported into an airy little tune that makes you feel like you're floating above everything at the whim of the breeze. Cloud Cult crafts a sturdy music cloud that won't let you fall back to earth anytime soon. Calming music that lifts you softly to new heights makes this track something magical.