Camp Cooking Equipment Essentials
When it comes to cooking over an open flame there are some camp cooking equipment essentials that are necessary. These essentials can with stand the heat of the open flame and help cook food more evenly. Many people don’t realize that every day cookware should not be used on a fire and can be damaged but the direct heat from the flame.
- Cookware. A good set of cast iron cookware is the most important camp cooking equipment essential. Cast iron cookware can disperse the heat more evenly while withstanding the direct flame of the fire. Well cared for and properly seasoned cast iron can last a lifetime or longer.
- Long handled cooking utensils. If you like the hair on your arms and your eyebrows you will want to invest in a good set of long handles cooking utensils. These camp cooking equipment essentials are your second best investment next to the cast iron cookware. The further you can stay away from the fire and open flame the better.
- Mountain pie/sandwich maker. Mountain pies are an essential camping food which would make the iron mountain pie makers camp cooking equipment essentials. The mountain pie irons can be used to make any kind of sandwiches and are great for quick snacks.
- Grill Basket. A grill basket is a camp cooking essential that is used to cook smaller items. It can be used for shrimp, veggies, or anything else that could fall through the cracks on a cooking grate.
- Cooking tripod. Avid campers may want to buy a cooking tripod. This camp cooking essential is great for making soups and stews. It has an adjustable hook that will hold a cast iron dutch over at any level set on it. This allows the cook to put the dutch over as close to or as far away from the heat as needed.