Camping Cook Set Essentials
There are several things you will need when preparing meals on a camping trip, some more necessary than others, so read on to find out about some camping cook set essentials you should bring along. Planning an outdoor family vacation requires lots of attention to detail and you will want to pack items that contribute to your family’s comfort and overall enjoyment of the camping experience. Games, food and fishing gear are items you will want to include, but be certain to also add the following camping cook set essentials to your list of must-haves.
- Cooking pots and pans. Cooking pots and pans are two of the most basic camping cook set essentials. You will need these for preparing your soups, frying fish and reheating food. The pot and pan you choose should be durable and resistant to cracks. They should also have tight-fitting lids that allow food to heat and cook more quickly. Bring an oven mitt or the like because pot handles can get very hot!
- Stove and fuel. Another one of your camping cooking essentials will be your stove and fuel. You can enjoy the comforts of home by cooking and sharing hot meals together in the great outdoors. Camping stoves utilizing white gas have been found to be efficient and the white gas is easy to find.
- Paper plates. Paper plates and plastic utensils are invaluable because you won’t have the bother of cleaning up dirty dishes after each meal.
- Bottled water. You will need plenty of fresh water for drinking and cooking. Even if you locate a natural water source in the outdoors, it probably isn’t safe to drink.
- Water container. Include a good-sized water container or bucket to your list of camping cooking essentials. It will enable you to gather water from the creek for washing up or cooking, but keep in mind that you will also need a water purifier if your family will ingest the water you gather.
- Matches. Take along a couple of boxes of matches as part of your fire-starting kit and pack them in waterproof containers.
- Stainless steel cooler. This item will be helpful if you want to bring along real food on your outdoor adventure. Using a stainless steel cooler ensures you won’t have to subsist for days on beef jerky and trail mix! It also helps with food storage in-between meals.
8. All of the above camping cook set essentials will guarantee your family’s best outdoor excursion ever!