Camping Cooking Recipes
Here are some marvelous camping cooking recipes. Your camping trip does not have to be boring and you can make some delicious camping cooking recipes while you are relaxing and enjoying the out of doors. Camping is meant to be rustic and without interruptions. Camping cooking is meant to be delicious, easy and done as quickly as possible.
Herbed Turkey Burgers
- 1 pound ground turkey breast meat
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 small bunch parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 4 ounces herbed cheese, crumbled (Goulda or similar)
- Salt and Pepper for seasoning
- 4 hamburger buns
- Condiments: mustard, mayonnaise, lettuce, tomatoes and pickles
- Non stick cooking spray
- In a mixing bowl, add in the turkey, onion, green pepper and the parsley. With your hands, mix all the ingredients together.
- Add in the egg, bread crumbs and the salt and pepper. Mix well and make sure all the meat is coated with the egg mixture.
- Add the crumbled herb cheese and again mix. Prepare the grill or campfire.
- Place the burgers on a lightly sprayed grill rack. Cook the burgers until well done.
- Heat the buns after the burgers are finished. Serve this camping cooking recipe with the condiments and mounds of potato chips.
Easy Camping Barbecue Chicken Ingredients:
- 1 large hen, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 bottle of barbeque sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Marinate the chicken in the barbeque sauce for one hour. Prepare the grill and light the coals.
- Place the marinated chicken pieces on a grill covered in aluminum foil. Make sure to have the grill high enough off the coals as not to burn the chicken quickly.
- Turn the chicken once on each side. Serve the camping barbeque chicken with coleslaw (recipe below).
Camping Coleslaw Ingredients:
- 1 pre-packaged coleslaw
- 1 green apple
- 1 red onion
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 2 tblsps. mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper
- Place the coleslaw in a large bowl. Take the green apple and cut it in half and cut out the core. Slice the apple in very thin slices.
- Add to the coleslaw. Cut the red onion in half and slice it very thin and add to the coleslaw.
- Add in the chopped pecans, mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Mix well and serve with any camping cooking recipes you want.
Camping Cheese Quesadillas Ingredients:
- 1 package corn tortillas
- 1/4 pound mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 pound Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Heat the grill and light the coals. Line the grill rack with aluminum foil.
- Lay half the corn tortillas on the hot grill. Divide the cheeses over each tortilla.
- Add the remaining corn tortillas on top. Turn the quesadillas when the corn tortilla is browned.
- Cook on both sides evenly and when the cheese is melted. Cut the camping cheese quesadillas in quarters and serve with slices of avocado.
Campfire Pizza Pitas Ingredients:
- 4 whole wheat pitas
- 1 jar pizza sauce
- 1 pound mozzarella cheese
- 1 package pepperoni slices
- Prepare the grill and light the coals. Line the grill rack with aluminum foil.
- Prepare the pizzas by spreading each pita with pizza sauce, pepperoni slices and cheese. Place on the grill.
- Cover the grill with a lid or use a large aluminum cook pan. When the bottoms of the pitas are brown and the cheese is melted, serve. Camping cooking was never so easy.