Capoeira Conditioning Routine is a training program adapted from the traditional Afro Brazilian Martial art and sport. It has been strongly influenced by the use of rhythmic drum music from Brazil. Capoeira conditioning builds and develops the "Big 7", namely: strength, power, agility, balance, flexibility and cardiovascular fitness were using Capoeira Movements. Please consult with your health care practitioner before embarking on an exercise regime, and any application of the exercises described should be at the discretion of the reader.
- Breathing is exercises. Deep nasal breathing should be the done as a precursor to your exercise. Sit on the ground with a straight comfortable posture. Now inhale sharply and deeply through the nose and exhale slowly in a controlled through the mouth. The benefits of this exercise are numerous, for example enriching the O2 content and lowering the CO2 content of the blood.
- Back-bridge: Lie down flat on your back and place your hands palm facing down next to your ears so your elbows are in the air and your finger's point towards your feet. Your knees should be bent and together, with feet flat on the ground. Now push-up your body and hold the position with your back arched for 30 seconds. Repeat.
- Squats: Stand with your legs together with your arms stretched out to the side. Keeping your legs together and bend your knees until your heels touch your buttocks. Without resting, straighten your legs again pushing your body upright again in a controlled motion until your legs are straight again. Repeat
- Handstand: With your arms stretched out over your head, step out, and lunge driving forwards so that you force your body in an upside down posture with your hands on the ground and your legs in the air. It will take some practice before your will be able to stay balanced in that position. Repeat
- Cartwheels: Doing cartwheels is similar to a handstand, except that you will be propelling your body in a circular motion of to the side, with your arms stretched out over your head, step out, and lunge driving forwards so that you force your body in an upside down posture with your hands on the ground and your legs in the air. This time you will be exerting more force as in a handstand to propel your legs up and over to the other side. Repeat
- Push-ups: Get on all fours on the ground with your legs together. Now lift your knees off the ground so that you only contact with the floor is your toe's and your hands. Bend your elbows so that your chest hovers and inch off the grown. Without resting push your torso back up using controlled use of your arms and chest muscles.
Tips and Warnings:
- Squats, Back-bridges, Cartwheels, Handstands and push-ups form the core movements that are the building blocks of this training system. Do as many of each of these core movements and keep record of it to establish you base line. As you continue your training thought the coming weeks you will be able to track your improvement with the number of sets and repetitions you are able to do
- It is important to note that you can't learn all you have to know about a Capoeira Conditioning Routine, from a book or Article. Joining a Capoeira fitness dojo in your area or gym will have the best affect on your efforts.
- Remember that Capoeira Conditioning Routine is most beneficial when done in short boosts, at a high intensity level.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.