A cardio kickboxing workout for men incorporates the elements of boxing, martial arts and aerobic exercise into effective exercise. Many men find this type of workout to be a great way to burn fat and build muscle. Another advantage of cardio kickboxing is that the entire body can be trained in a single workout.
- Hydrate the body. Drink plenty of fluids, preferably water or sports drinks, before, during and after the cardio kickboxing workout. These fluids will help the body maintain proper hydration and also replenish the body of the water lost during the workout.
- Stretch. The importance of stretching prior to working out cannot be stressed enough. Stretching can prevent injury and improve flexibility, which is necessary during a cardio kickboxing workout. Be sure to stretch the quadriceps, hamstrings, groins, shoulders, chest and back. Perform 1 to 3 sets of 10 to sixty seconds for each stretch.
- Perform warm-up exercises. These exercises warm and prepare the muscles for the combinations of kicking and punching moves performed in a cardio kickboxing workout. Squats, lunges, light jogging and jumping jacks are examples of warm-up exercises that can be done prior to your workout.
- Begin the workout. Most cardio kickboxing workouts are between 30 and 45 minutes in length. Sequences of kickboxing moves are incorporated into various sets of 45-, 60- or 90-second intervals. Start slow and make sure you are doing each combination of moves correctly. Maintain controlled movement and proper technique, especially for advanced moves, to prevent injury during the workout. Consider jogging in between each sequence keep your heart rate up.
- Finish with a cool-down period. The first thing many of us want to do after a tough cardio kickboxing workout is rest. A cool-down period, however, of light walking and stretching should be done while the heart returns to its normal rate. Walk for three to four minutes to cool down. Follow this up with five minutes of stretching to maintain flexibility and reduce the soreness that may occur the day after your workout.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.