Carp, like catfish, will eat about anything so coming up with the best carp bait recipes are an experiment in the making. Most of the best carp bait recipes contain either corn, blood, or cheese and may be odiferous. The below carp bait recipes are sure to have you reeling in that world record breaking carp on your next fishing trip.
1. Corn Based Bait
To make an easy carp bait recipe with corn, you will need:
- 1 can of whole corn
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- Open the can of whole corn and drain most of the water off of the corn. Leave approximately 1/2" of water in the bottom of the can.
- Add in the tablespoon of vanilla extract. Mix very well. Your corn should be light brown in color. You might need to add more vanilla extract to get it to a light brown, depending on how much water you left in the bottom of the can when you drained it.
2. Sticky Dough
To make a dough ball carp bait recipe which will stick on your hook, you will need:
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of corn meal
- 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese
- Optional: add in 1/8 cup chicken blood
- Mix the flour and corn meal in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Boil the water in a small saucepan. If you choose to add in chicken blood, mix it with the water before boiling. Add in the flour and cornmeal mixture right into the water. Mix well to get a smooth dough mixture.
- Allow the mixture to cool in the pan. Turn out into a bowl and add the cheddar cheese. Mix well.
- If you're using a #2 treble hook, put four or five pieces of corn on the hooks. Let 'er rip!
- Store in a container in the refrigerator. Do not allow to sit out in the sun too long as the mixture will soften, making it difficult to stay on the hook.
- Add a small dough ball to your hook before casting out. You're sure to have carp jumping onto your line.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.