Cartilage piercing care is extremely important once you've decided to take the plunge and get it done. There are a lot of things to remember when taking care of your piercing. Typically, the artist that pierces your cartilage will tell you the best way to take care of it, they'll even offer the proper products for cleansing.
What You Will Need:
- Anti-bacterial soap
- Lavender Oil
- Vitamin C and Zinc
- 1/2 cup warm water
- Avoid unhygienic areas. If you are in an environment where there may be a lot of pollutants in the air, it's best to try and stay inside as much as possible. Another tip is to avoid areas with a lot of smoke. Smoke can contain harmful pollutants that not only affects your lungs, but it also can slow down the healing process.
- Keep the cartilage piercing in. It is never advisable to remove the cartilage piercing before the healing period of three to six months is over. The piercing acts as an agent with the cartilage and doesn't allow any more to grow back where it is pierced into.
- Clean it at least once a day. Typically, after a shower is the best time to do this. The soap scum can get caught in the cartilage piercing. After your shower, take a small bowl and combine a dab of anti-bacterial soap with 1/2 cup of warm water. Dip the earbud into the soap/water mixture and apply around the cartilage piercing area, on both the front of the ear and the back. Use the dry end of the earbud up to dry the area off.
- Apply healing agents. Lavender oil often acts as a lubricant for the piercing. This helps reduce tightening of the area as well as the risk of infection. Take an earbud and dab it into the lavender oil and apply to the pierced area.
- Keep your body strong. By taking plenty of Vitamin C and zinc tablets, you can help speed up the healing process. When your body is strengthened by vitamins, it can help the body with plenty of its daily activities. Vitamins act as a booster for your health and will ultimately aid in the cartilage piercing care.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …