If you love playing casino war, five tips can help you get more action for your money if you find yourself constantly losing. Casino war has similar rules to the game of war, both the player and the dealer each get a card, and the higher card wins. If the cards are the same, the player can either choose to surrender and forfeit half their bet, or double their bet and play another card. For such a simple game, a little strategy can extend your playing time and give you a better chance to walk away a winner.
- Always go to war. If you go to war on a tie, you have a 50/50 chance of winning, but surrendering will lose you half of your bet all of the time. The ties are where the casino gets their edge in the game, and players who surrender give an extra 1.37% edge to the house.
- Never make a tie bet. Many casinos offer you the option to bet on whether or not the next two cards will tie. The tie bet pays out at 10 to 1, so many players will make the tie bet for a bit of action. Make no mistake though, the tie bet is a sucker bet. The house edge on a tie bet is between 35 percent and 18 percent depending on how many decks are being used.
- Watch for aces. Aces are the highest card in the game and can only win or tie. If you notice that no aces have been in play for a long period of time, you can bet that one will be showing up shortly.
- Play with the smallest denomination that you will still have fun with. Casino war plays to the advantage of the casino, so you will lose money in the long run. All you can do is hope for some short-term luck to leave you up a few bucks when you leave the casino. Don’t play casino war with the intention of walking out with a ton of money; just play with enough money so that you find the game fun.
- Set a time to walk away. If you refuse to leave the table while you still have money, you will obviously always lose. Set a time that you will cash in your chips and walk away from the table regardless if you are losing or winning.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …