Should your feline have lots of loose, old skin debris trapped in its coat, there's a chance your pet is facing cat dandruff. Cats do not normally suffer from dry skin throughout their life span, so you need to take the proper action in order to resolve the issue of cat dandruff. This condition is usually due to allergic reactions, diabetic issues, lousy eating habits, coat mites, as well as exposure to direct sunlight.
You will need the following items to help treat cat dandruff:
- Appointment with veterinarian
- Meat diet
- Cool environment
- Anti-dandruff shampoo
- Hot water
- Vacuum cleaner
- Visit the veterinarian.You need to ensure that proper diagnosis is given. A visit with your veterinarian is important when you are not sure whether your pet is really suffering from cat dandruff. The source of the problem should be detected first so proper medication and treatment will be given to your cat in order to avoid improper treatments that may lead to bigger problems.
- Provide your cat with the right nutrition. Give your cat a carnvious diet for high protein nutrition. Before you make a purchase, read and check the label to see if the protein source comes from meat and not from vegetables. To make sure you are buying quality products, ask for a referral from cat owners you know and veterinarians.
- Allow your cat to stay in a cool environment. You need to protect your cat's skin from hot and dry weather conditions because this could cause dryness and eventually result to cat dandruff. Dry skin invites parasites to stay on your cat’s body, therefore providing a cool environment that can help prevent cat dandruff to form. Do not allow you cat to have full exposure to the sunlight as it may cause sunburns that may lead to dandruff. Frequent bathing and using a humidifier at home are simple ways to prevent cat dandruff when the main cause of the problem is merely due to dry skin.
- Get rid of the parasites. A parasite referred to as the Chyletiella mite causes skin issues such as cat dandruff. These parasites are typically visible, large enough to be seen by the naked eye. If you have more than one pet in the household, you will have to treat all your cats from the parasite as the chances that all of them have it are very high. Ask your vet for the best anti-dandruff treatment shampoo that will treat dandruff for all types of pets.
- Treat your cat’s beddings and surroundings. Wash the cat’s beddings and garments with hot water. Vacuum your carpets and couch and wash your bedding, too. You need to ensure that you get rid of the parasites that cause cat dandruff. A clean environment will eliminate parasites that cause cat dandruff and will help your pet live healthier and dandruff-free.