Change Gmail Themes
Need to know how to change Gmail Themes? From customizing your laptop or desktop Gmail account, it is very easy. By selecting one of the 40 themes that are available in Google, the Themes permit you to apply your personal touch and unique style. You can select a Theme that reflects a slight change or an extreme change, it’s your choice, so have some fun with this Gmail option. Gmail Themes are compatible with Internet Explorer, Fire Fox, Safari, and Google Chrome. Please note that Themes are only available when you use Internet Explorer 6.0 and higher.
To customize Gmail in Windows Vista, you will need:
- Laptop or Desktop computer
- Windows Vista Operating system
- In a Vista Operating System, go to your internet explorer browser and enter the www.google.com hyperlink.
- Once the Google page appears, login your Gmail account. Click “sign-in” and then enter the “e-mail” and “password” that was used when you set-up your account with Gmail. The sign-in tab is the last item listed on the Google toolbar.
- Once your Gmail account opens, click the “cock wheel” located in the upper right-hand corner of the main Gmail menu. Then, click “Mail Settings.”
- Once the Mail Setting menu loads, select “Themes” link.
- Select a Theme by clicking on a thumbnail of your choice.
- To complete the transition to the new theme, you will need to enter your location. The location information that you provide will be used to synchronize with the local sunrise, sunset, and/or weather.
- Click “Save.”