Do you want to change your Hotmail password? It is good practice to periodically change your computer passwords for security purposes. The following steps will show you how to change your password for Windows Live Hotmail.
You will need:
- A computer with Internet access
- A Windows Live Hotmail account
- Visit Windows Live Hotmail. Turn on your computer and connect to the Internet. Visit the Windows Live Hotmail web page.
- Login to your account. From the Windows Live Hotmail web page, move your computer cursor to the upper right-hand corner of the page. Click “Sign In.” When the sign-in box appears, type in your username and password. Click “Sign In.”
- Visit your account settings. After you login to Hotmail, your name will appear in the upper right-hand corner of the page. Click on your name for a pop-up box with a drop-down menu. Click “Account.”
- Login to your account again. You may be asked to login to Hotmail again. Type in your username and password, and click “Sign In.”
- Visit your account summary. On the “Account Overview” page, under “Account Information,” look for the password field. Click “Change” next to the starred password.
- Change your password. On the “Change Your Password” page, type your old password in the first field and your new password in the second field. Choose a strong password that combines letters, numbers, and symbols. Hotmail will assist you by revealing your password’s strength.
- Confirm your password. After you type a new, strong password in the required field, you must confirm your password. Retype your new password in the appropriate field.
- Consider the password expiration option. Hotmail will periodically prompt you to change your password through the password expiration option. Check the box if you want your Hotmail password to expire every 72 days.
- Save your new password. To save your new password, click the “Save” button at the bottom of the page. You have successfully changed your Hotmail password when you see the message, “You’ve changed your password.”
- Login to your account again. Return to the Windows Live Hotmail page to login to your account with your new password. If you did not select the password expiration option in Step 8 above, be sure to periodically change your password for security’s sake.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
10 Things to Talk About This Weekend
Ebola, Brad Pitt, and giant spiders.