Adding a skin to an Apple iPhone can change the look of the smartphone in just a few simple steps, but before attempting to apply the sticky skin on the expensive device, it's important to know how to change iPhone skins. Numerous companies sell iPhone skins, allowing for a design perfect for nearly anyone. The convenient and quick process allows for different designs to be applied via iPhone skins on demand.
To change iPhone skins, you will need:
- Apple iPhone
- Damp cloth
- Rubbing alcohol
- iPhone skin
Process to change iPhone skins:
- Clean your iPhone thoroughly. Use a damp, but not wet, cloth to wipe any dirt and debris from the phone. Be careful not to allow any water to seep into the phone body. Allow to dry.
- Use rubbing alcohol to remove grease and fingerprints. Wet the cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol and wipe the iPhone gently. Allow to dry.
- Remove the tabs from the iPhone skin. As most iPhone skins include portions that need to be removed prior to changing an iPhone skin, remove these unnecessary pieces. Generally, the portions that need to be removed will be clearly marked on the iPhone skin or with the directions included with the skin.
- Peel off the protective film from the iPhone skin. Before applying or changing an iPhone skin, you must first remove the protective film from the skin. Start at one corner, holding the skin face down on a flat surface. Peel the protective backing from the iPhone skin up and away.
- Apply the iPhone skin to the phone. Affix each piece of the skin to the proper area of the iPhone. Start at one side with each piece, smoothing the skin while pressing to remove any bubbles.
- Peel away the second layer of protective film. This layer is over the colored or designed side of the iPhone skin to protect the design during shipping and application.
- Remove the skin when desired to change the iPhone skin. Peel the skin away from the iPhone and store in a safe place. Repeat the steps to apply a new iPhone skin.
- Be sure to select and purchase the correct iPhone skin for your specific iPhone model. Each of the iPhone versions differ slightly in size with specific skins available for the iPhone 4 for AT&T, the iPhone 4 for Verizon Wireless, the iPhone 3G and 3GS, and the original iPhone.
- Take care when removing an existing skin as they can be removed and reused if desired.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert ...
What Makes Men Attractive to Women
What women want—confidence, a sense of humor and abs.