Charles Bronson has starred in many films, but if you're looking for classic Charles Bronson movies and the 5 best to watch, then look no further. Charles Bronson was a classic Hollywood actor who became notoriously popular for the tough-guy image which he portrayed in many of his movies. Unfortunately, the talented actor suffered from many health problems during the years leading up to his death. However, the imprint he has left on cinematic history lives on in these five classic Charles Bronson movies.
- "Death Wish" Charles Bronson plays Paul Kersey in one of the most iconic films in cinematic history. Spanning an entire movie franchise with four sequels over a twenty-year time frame, "Death Wish" follows Kersey, who becomes a vigilante when his wife is murdered and his daughter raped by a gang of muggers. "Death Wish" has enjoyed much popularity and success due to the amount of graphic violence and explicit murder scenes in it.
- "The Magnificent Seven" Charles Bronson joins the likes of Steve McQueen, Eli Wallach and Yul Brynner in this American western remake of Akira Kurosawa's "The Seven Samurai," which depicts the four stars as a group of gunmen hired to protect a Mexican town from bandits. Bronson's chemistry with McQueen, Brynner and the rest of the cast is priceless in this classic.
- "Once Upon a Time in the West" Charles Bronson plays Harmonica, the enemy and nemesis of the film's villain, Frank (played by Henry Fonda). The film tells the tale of two conflicts surrounding a fictional town in the American Old West, which initiate from a railroad construction and a cold-blooded killer. Charles Bronson stars in yet another classic American western film; this time he plays a less heroic role, and he does it with excellent finesse.
- "Messenger of Death" Starring the late Charles Bronson, "Messenger of Death" follows a water company's attempt to initiate a family feud with an organization of fundamentalist Mormons in order to take over the family's land and make it their own. Bronson does a fine portrayal of a reporter in this story involving religion, jealousy and political exploitation.
- "10 to Midnight" Charles Bronson plays the lead alongside Lisa Eilbacher, Andrew Stevens, Gene Davis and Geoffrey Lewis in this dramatic film that acts as an interesting hybrid of the police and slasher genres. Bronson portrays a Los Angeles detective investigating the homicides of an office repairman, played by Gene Davis, who slaughters women who reject his advances.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …