Cheap Cars Under 1000
In these trying financial times, some of us need a cheap car below $1,000 to get us from point A to point B. Simply put, a no-frills, trusty and safe car is called upon for in these situations. Here we explore some options.
- Jaguar XJ 1993 This is an institution of British auto engineering. For those who what to travel in style, this is a great choice if you need to buy a car under $1,000.
- Ford Mustang 1983 In its heyday, the Ford Mustang was the epitome of cool and power in an automobile. Now this powerful speedster is yours for under $1,000.
- Mercedes Benz 190 Series 1993 This trusty German car below $1,000 has an engine capacity below 2000cc to keep fuel consumption low. You get fuel economy while getting affordable yet trusty German automobile technology.
- Honda Prelude 1989 Combine the sleek lines of this award-winning sports car with the ever dependable Japanese engineering of Honda and you got a great buy for a car under $1,000. In true Japanese engineering, this car will be cheap and easy to maintain.
- Volvo 740 1991 We all know that the Swedes make great cars. The Volvo has been the symbol of safety for decades. This Volvo 740, available under $1,000 is a great buy for its safety value.
- Saab 9.3 2000 Another Swedish car under $1,000. This speedster from Saab—the company that also manufactures airplane engines—not only gets you from point to point, it gets you there FAST! Also, a great drive for under $1,000.
- Ford Taurus 1992 A no-frills car under $1,000. The Ford Taurus combines affordability and trusty engineering, making it a great buy.
- Jeep Grand Cherokee 1995 The Jeep Cherokee has the durability a car needs for the outdoorsmen in all of us. The Grand Cherokee also has the classic look for urban driving.
- Mercedes-Benz, 200-Series 1972 The Mercedes Series 200 first made famous in the James Bond’s “On Her Majesty's Secret Service” lets you relive the classic feel and look. Available for below $1000, gadgets and Bond girls excluded.
- MG MGB 1976 Buying a cheap car under $1000 does not mean you have to exclude style. This classic British sports car brings back the nostalgia and romance of driving. Drive it with the top down to fully experience it.
Posted on: Apr. 07, 2011