THQ included numerous cheats for Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts, the stand alone follow up to the original Company of Heroes RTS. Use these codes to give your army a advantage on the field, or just to manipulate the game in convenient or humorous ways. Cheats require editing some of the game parameters outside the application proper.
- Right click on the shortcut used to launch Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts. Select "Properties" from the list of options. Click in the "Target" dialog box and add a single space to the existing text, followed by "-dev." This parameter is necessary for some cheats to operate properly. Do not modify any other elements of the Properties window. Click "OK" to save.
- Start Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts using the modified shortcut. Click "Campaign" or "Skirmish" to start a single player game. Most cheats will not operate in multiplayer, as they can confer advantage when used by only one player.
- Press "Ctl + Shift + ~" during play. This opens the developer console used to enter cheats and run other commands. Type cheats and press "Enter" to activate them.
- Change how fog of war works. The "FOW_Toggle" cheat turns fog of war off, leaving any previously explored region permanently visible. Repeat the code to turn fog of war back on. Use "FOW_RevealAll" to completely remove all fog on the map, and allow your army to see everything on the battlefield.
- Activate big head mode. This classic cheat from previous gaming generations has made the transition to Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts. The code "ee_bigheadmode 1" turns big heads on, and the "ee_bigheadmode 0" entry turns them off again.
- Unclutter the game screen. Use the "taskbar_hide" code to remove the button icons from the screen, giving you a clear view of the Company of Heroes battlefield at the expense of control. Reactivate the buttons with "taskbar_show."
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.