Check Visa Gift Card Check Balance
Knowing how to check your Visa gift card balance prior to making a purchase will allow you to avoid being unnecessarily embarrassed at the checkout counter. The process of checking your Visa gift card balance is a rather simple task and only takes a few moments of your time to complete. If you've got a computer with internet access or a telephone, you've got all you need.
What you'll need:
- Information packet that came with your Visa gift card
- Computer with Internet acess or a telephone
- Locate all the information that you received along with your Visa gift card. Within this information you will find your card's pin number along with a website or telephone number where you can conveniently check your balance. It's also important to notate the issuing bank for the gift card in case you have to look their telephone number up on your own.
- Visit the website of the issuing bank of the gift card, this information can be found on the back of your Visa gift card. Once you have successfully reached the website select "Check Balance" and enter your card number along with your pin in order to receive your balance.
- Contact the customer service number listed on the back of your Visa gift card if you are unable to use a computer to check your balance. Once you have reached the appropriate representative, give them both your card number and pin and they can check the balance for you. In some instances you will have to utilize an automated service instead of a customer service representative. If this is the case, simply follow the prompts and enter the requested information in order to obtain your balance.
- Additionally, several merchants are able to check your Visa gift card balance for you at the register. Contact the store that you plan to do your shopping at prior to visiting the store and inquire about this service. If this store has the capabilities, a store representative can enter your card number into the system and found out your balance for you.