Chicago Illinois Attractions
Get the insider's guide to the best Chicago, Illinois attractions. Chicago's annual festivals, sports teams and awesome sites are worth a trip this year, but there are other reasons to visit as well. Keep this guide handy when you plan your next trip.
- Field Museum When you visit this Chicago attraction, you'll see a real T-Rex skeleton among other fantastic natural wonders. Learn about all kinds of historical and scientific exhibits at the Field Museum. This place also has numerous traveling exhibits, programs and collections available. Visit the museum from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily excluding Christmas Day. Field Museum: 1400 S. Lake Shore Dr. Chicago, IL 60605
- Lincoln Park Zoo Love animals? The Lincoln Park Zoo is one of the best Chicago, Illinois family attractions. There are exhibits of lions, bird species and many other types of wildlife. There are even special events presented by the zoo. Visiting hours are based on the season, so contact the zoo for hours and admission rates. Lincoln Park Zoo: 2001 N. Clark St. Chicago, IL 60614
- Steppenwolf Theatre Company This theater is world-famous for putting on the best stage shows in Chicago. You can see many popular plays and shows, including "Sex with Strangers" and "Middletown." Tickets are purchased at the box office. Steppenwolf Theatre Company: 1650 N. Halsted St. Chicago IL 60614
- Navy Pier Theater, zoos and museums aren't the only attractions in Chicago. The Navy Pier offers live entertainment, restaurants, theme rides and boat cruises. It's an excellent place for both families and couples to spend time. Families will enjoy the rides, museums and fireworks. Couples or groups will love the nightlife at the Pier's Beer Garden. Chicago's most entertaining bands take the stage to sing their hearts out. While you're listening to the music, have a beer or two. Navy Pier: Ste 113, 600 East Grand Ave. Chicago, IL 60611
- Joffrey Ballet The Joffrey Ballet is one of the finest arts and cultural attractions in Chicago. Your significant other may love the romantic atmosphere and outstanding dance performances provided at this establishment. Each season's performance schedule is different, so contact the box office for more information. 10 E. Randolph St. Chicago, IL 60601