Chicken And Broccoli Recipes
Chicken and Broccoli recipes represent a smart combination of protein and fiber. Fiber-rich broccoli is known for its anti-carcinogenic properties in helping to prevent cancer. And organic chicken fed on omega -3 rich grains provides a nutritious boost. So make quick, delicious and nutritious chicken and broccoli dishes to impress your lady. Healthy is the new cool.
1. Quick stir-Fried Chicken and Broccoli
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 frozen package of broccoli florets
- 3 scallions
- 1/4 cup of fresh carrots
- 1 large spanish onion
- Fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1/4 sesame oil
- 1/4 cup of cashews
- Preheat wok or skillet.
- Cut the chicken breasts into strips.
- Slice carrots and scallions lengthwise pieces. Dice onion, garlic and ginger. .
- Coat the heated wok with sesame oil.
- Add chicken strips to wok and stir fry for five minutes.
- Lower the flame under the wok and stir in broccoli. Add the other vegetables.
- Toss chicken and vegetables to cook evenly. Add cashews.
- Sprinkle in brown sugar and pour in soy sauce. Simmer until chicken is tender.
2. Fast Chicken and Brocccoli Pasta Salad
- 2 cups of chopped leftover baked or boiled chicken
- 1 cup of chopped raw broccoli
- 1/4 cup diced white onion
- 2 cups of spiral spinach pasta
- 1 tablespoon of minced dill
- 1 cup of mayonnaisse
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley.
- Ground black pepper
- Boil the pasta for ten minutes until slightly firm.
- Mix in quickly the chicken, broccoli, onion and dill with the pasta.
- Stir in the mayonnaise and grind in the fresh pepper.
- Garnish with parsley
3. Chicken Pot Pie
- 1 1/2 cups of cooked diced chicken
- 1/4 cup of peeled cubed cooked potatoes
- 1/3 cup of frozen chopped broccoli
- 2 tablespoons of minced dried shallots
- 1 can of creamy chicken soup
- 1 tablespoon of softened butter
- 2 8 inch thawed frozen pastry pie shells
- Preheat oven to 325
- Mix chicken, potatoes, broccoli, shallots and soup.
- Pour soup-chicken-broccoli mixture into one pasrty pie shell. Dot with butter.
- Lift the pie crust carefully out of the second pan and top over the pastry shell.
- Pinch the edges of both crusts together to seal.
- Prick the top of the crust with a fork to allow air to esacpe.
- Bake for 40 minutes.