Chicken drumstick recipes are great for a variety of meals from snacks to formal dinners. When fried, chicken drumsticks can be a portable and easy on the go meal for a sack lunch or picnic. Almost everyone enjoys chicken as a main course, so add these chicken drumstick recipes to your collection for family dinners or unexpected guests.
To make fried chicken drumsticks, you will need:
- 1 lb. chicken drumsticks
- 2 cups flour
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp. each salt and pepper
- Vegetable oil
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in plastic gallon storage bag. Shake well to mix.
- Mix eggs and buttermilk in bowl.
- Add chicken to flour two at a time and shake to coat well.
- Dip flour-coated chicken drumsticks into milk mixture and then back into flour mixture. Set aside on wire rack while coating the remaining chicken.
- In cast iron pan, heat two to three inches of oil to 360 degrees. Carefully add chicken drumsticks and fry ten minutes each side for a total of twenty minutes.
- Drain on paper towels and serve.
To make a honey soy chicken drumstick recipe, you will need:
- 3 lbs. drumsticks
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 small sliced onion
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- White wine (optional)
- Mix honey, soy, onion, garlic, salt and pepper in pan over low heat.
- Skin the chicken drumsticks and place them in a plastic gallon storage bag.
- Pour the cooled sauce over the drumsticks and marinate for at least one hour.
- Pour off the sauce into a pan and cook drumsticks on a preheated grill for about 25 minutes, turning often.
- Near the end of the cooking time, baste with reserved sauce on each side.
Tips and Warnings:
- When frying chicken, always handle the pieces with tongs and add to hot oil very slowly to avoid splattering the grease.
- Using a lid when frying chicken should be avoided because it forms condensation, which may cause splattering. Splatter screens for frying foods are available at most department stores.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.