Chicken drumstick recipes are great for a variety of meals from snacks to formal dinners. When fried, chicken drumsticks can be a portable and easy on the go meal for a sack lunch or picnic. Almost everyone enjoys chicken as a main course, so add these chicken drumstick recipes to your collection for family dinners or unexpected guests.
To make fried chicken drumsticks, you will need:
- 1 lb. chicken drumsticks
- 2 cups flour
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp. each salt and pepper
- Vegetable oil
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in plastic gallon storage bag. Shake well to mix.
- Mix eggs and buttermilk in bowl.
- Add chicken to flour two at a time and shake to coat well.
- Dip flour-coated chicken drumsticks into milk mixture and then back into flour mixture. Set aside on wire rack while coating the remaining chicken.
- In cast iron pan, heat two to three inches of oil to 360 degrees. Carefully add chicken drumsticks and fry ten minutes each side for a total of twenty minutes.
- Drain on paper towels and serve.
To make a honey soy chicken drumstick recipe, you will need:
- 3 lbs. drumsticks
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 small sliced onion
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- White wine (optional)
- Mix honey, soy, onion, garlic, salt and pepper in pan over low heat.
- Skin the chicken drumsticks and place them in a plastic gallon storage bag.
- Pour the cooled sauce over the drumsticks and marinate for at least one hour.
- Pour off the sauce into a pan and cook drumsticks on a preheated grill for about 25 minutes, turning often.
- Near the end of the cooking time, baste with reserved sauce on each side.
Tips and Warnings:
- When frying chicken, always handle the pieces with tongs and add to hot oil very slowly to avoid splattering the grease.
- Using a lid when frying chicken should be avoided because it forms condensation, which may cause splattering. Splatter screens for frying foods are available at most department stores.