Chicken Fettucine Alfredo Recipe
This Chicken fettucine alfredo recipes is easy to make, elegant to serve, and delicious to eat. Many people love fettucine alfredo and with the addition of chicken you've got a wonderful comfort food that can stand on it's own as a main dish. Chicken fettucine alfredo could be served with a nice green salad and some French, Italian, or garlic bread, for a well rounded dinner, or by itself for a fancy lunch.
To make chicken fettucine alfredo, you'll need:
- 12 ounce. fettucine
- 1/4 pound. fresh mushrooms
- 3 green onions
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 1/2 cup cooked chicken
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 2 ounces of cream cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Cook and drain fettucine until done per package directions. To prevent water from boiling over pot add some salt to the water before putting pasta in. Some pastas come out sticky and starchy and must be rinsed. To prevent this from happening do not let the water go below a boil during the entire cooking time. When pasta is done set aside.
- For this chicken fettucine Alfredo recipe next you must cut mushrooms into quarter pieces.
- Simmer onions and mushrooms till tender in the butter after you've melted it in the frying pan. Try not to allow the onions and mushrooms to become brown.
- Add the half and half and bring back to a simmer.
- Add peas, chicken, salt, and pepper. Stir in two ounces of cream cheese and cook slowly till cheese is combined well.
- To complete this chicken fettucine alfredo recipe, combine the mixture with the pasta and top with the Parmesan cheese.