Chicken Recipes For Dinner
Chicken is one of the most versitle meats that you can cook, and there are many chicken recipes for dinner that you can use to prepare delicious, home-cooked meals. Keep reading to find three great chicken recipes that you can make easily and quickly. One of the best of these recipes is the whole baked chicken. Not only is this a healthy meal, it's also one that will feed many people (or, if you're cooking for yourself, will feed you for several days).
1. Whole Baked Chicken
You'll need these ingredients:
- One whole roasting chicken (4-6 pounds)
- 3 medium potatoesd
- 3 carrots
- 1 large onion
- 3 cloves of garlic (use more or less to taste)
- 1 tablespoon of oregano
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons of olive or vegetable oil
- Tin foil
- First, preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- While the oven is preheating, spread one tablespoon of oil around a large glass baking pan.
- Place the chicken in the pan, and spread a little oil on its skin.
- Chop the potatoes, carrots, and onions into bite sized chunks.
- Mince the garlic and mix it and the vegetables together. Spread them around the chicken, filling the baking dish.
- Drizzle the oil on top of the vegetables, and then sprinkle the herbs, salt and pepper on top of the vegetables and chicken.
- Cover the whole dish with tin foil and place in the oven. Allow it to bake for about an hour. Use a meat thermometer to make sure the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Serve immediately.
2. Hot Wings Who doesn't love hotwings? This chicken dish is incredibly easy to make and produces a great batch of hot wings.
Here's what you'll need:
- 2-3 lbs of wings
- 1/2 cup Cayanne-based hot sauce
- 1/4 cup melted butter (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix the melted butter and hot sauce together. (The butter is optional, but butter makes everything taste better, right?)
- Spread the chicken pieces out on a large baking sheet.
- Using a brush, liberally apply the hot sauce mix to all of the pieces.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink on the inside.
- Serve immeidately (with beer, preferably).
3. Southern Fried Chicken Drumsticks Okay, so this last recipe isn't quite as healthy as some others, but good fried chicken is a wonderful thing.
- 2 pounds of drumsticks
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cayanne powder (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 2 cups of oil
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large zip lock bag. Shake the bag to mix.
- Add chicken to the bag and shake until chicken is evenly coated with the flour mix.
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet. When oil is hot, add chicken pieces.
- Cook, flipping the pieces occasionally, until the flour mixture starts to brown.
- Drain on paper towels and serve!