Want to spice up your dinner routine with a new chicken satay recipe? If you’re looking for a chicken recipe that is tasty, simple to prepare and easy to cook, you’re in the right place. Keep reading to learn how to make a chicken satay recipe that’s a sure crowd pleaser.
To make chicken satay, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 3 to 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into one-inch cubes
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 6 shallots or 1 small onion peeled and diced finely
- 3 tbsp. of soy sauce
- 1 tsp. of dark chili powder
- 1 tbsp. of brown sugar
- 1 tsp. of coriander powder
- 2 tsp. of dried turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp. of water or olive oil
- 1 medium size mixing bowl with lid
- 10 bamboo skewers soaked in water for several hours
- 1 grill or a grill pan to use on your stovetop
- 1 cucumber (optional)
- Make the marinade. In your medium mixing bowl stir together all of the spices, brown sugar and soy sauce to form the satay marinade. Stir until the spices form a paste. Add a little olive oil or water if necessary to make the paste easy to spread.
- Coat the chicken. Pour all of your chicken pieces into the mixing bowl with the spice paste. Stir with a spoon, making sure the chicken is coated well. The marinade is what makes chicken satay so delicious.
- Let rest. Cover the bowl and put the chicken in the refrigerator overnight. The beauty of chicken satay is that you can’t over-marinate it. If you’re having a party and don’t want to be stuck in the kitchen, you can make the paste and marinate the chicken up to 24 hours in advance.
- Prepare for cooking. When you’re ready to cook the chicken, heat up the grill and take the chicken satay out of the refrigerator. Carefully slide six pieces of marinated chicken on each pre-soaked skewer. It is important that the skewers are wet, or they will burn when you put them on the grill.
- Cook and enjoy. Cook each chicken satay skewer for six to eight minutes, flipping the chicken halfway through the cooking time for even cooking. Serve the chicken hot off the grill with fresh cucumber slices.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.