Finding the best Chinese cultures and traditions can be tough to do since you want to make sure you get everything without losing out on anything. This means if you’re going to go through with a tradition, you should make sure that it is done right. This allows you to learn more about Chinese culture and traditions through the way our culture differs from theirs.
- Food. Pasta is a large part of Chinese food. They use a lot of dumplings and noodles. Vinegar and garlic are more pronounced in their food choices as well. One dish is usually prepared with one main ingredient, while the secondary dish is made from two. Frying and steaming in a number of ways is popular among Chinese. Special dishes are served for special occasions in Chinese culture and traditions.
- Clothing. Plumes and sashes are something that is common throughout Chinese traditional wear. Ornaments of shells, feathers, and stones are worn as well on the dress. A skirt and robe are usually part of traditional dress. Bright colors are associated with cultural wear to incorporate beautiful patterns and designs within the robes. This type of dress is used in a lot of Chinese culture and traditions.
- Housing. Rectangular shaped houses are usually connected together to form a whole. This is much like an apartment building in our culture. The difference is that with their houses, the entire family lives in one unit. They provide pillars and beams to the houses for more design, and then add landscaping around the yard to give the home more beauty.
- Transportation. Bicycles and trains are two of the most common forms of transportation found in Chinese culture and tradition. Not only that, but some taxis known as rickshaws are pulled around at times. This is less commonly found, but still is in use in some parts throughout China.
- Education. School work is done in groups, and class sizes are usually up around 50 students per class. In Chinese culture and traditions, the curriculum is usually more socialist based than other forms of classrooms. They are taught to respect authority while in the classroom as well.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.