If you're having sex, it's important to be aware of the symptoms of sexually transmitted diseases, such as chlamydia symptoms in men. Chlamydia is a bacterial disease, caused by the bacterium Chlamydia trachomatis. Passed through unprotected vaginal, anal or oral sex, it is one of the most common sexually transmitted diseases in the United States–although it may be more common than we think due to underreporting. Chlamydia can be easily cured with antibiotics, but can cause significant health problems if left untreated.
- Discharge from the penis. Chlamydia may cause watery discharge from the tip of the penis, either cloudy white or clear in color.
- Painful urination. One symptom of chlamydia, in both men and women, is an itchy, painful or burning sensation while peeing.
- Itchy penis. An itching or burning sensation at the tip of the penis, around the urethral opening, is one chlamydia symptom in men.
- Swollen, painful testicles. Chlamydia may cause inflammation in the testicles, causing pain. If the chlamydia is left untreated, this can lead to infertility.
- Pain or discharge in the throat. If a man acquires chlamydia from a partner via oral sex, symptoms may appear in the throat instead of the genitals.
- Reiter's syndrome. Occasionally, untreated chlamydia may develop into a more serious condition. Symptoms in men include inflammation of the urethra, eyes and joints.
- No symptoms at all. In about half of all cases, chlamydia shows no symptoms in men at all. It's important to get regular sexually transmitted disease tests, especially if you have multiple partners, because you may not realize you have chlamydia until it's too late.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!