When people talk about Christian relationship songs, they're usually talking about a relationship between humans and God. But, believe it or not, Christians fall in love just like everybody else. They even write songs about these experiences.
- "You Light Up My Life" – Debbie Boone. This one was a big hit for Pat Boone's daughter. She said she was singing these words to God, but she didn't mind having a big pop hit with it, either.
- "Kiss Me" – Sixpence None the Richer. Like Jars Of Clay before them, a lot of folks probably didn't even know this was a group of Christians. And unlike Debbie Boone, this one was a straight out love song.
- "I Will Remember You" – Amy Grant. Amy Grant is probably the highest profile Christian singer. She's even been through a divorce. She likely knows what's she's singing about.
- "I Will Be Here" – Steven Curtis Chapman. This one is an extremely popular Christian wedding song. It's the way you can tell if a couple is seriously Christian.
- "Household Of Faith" – Steve Green. Family is really big in the church, which is why a sentiment like this one is so special.
- "Answered Prayer" – Bob Carlisle. This is the "Butterfly Kisses" guy, putting love and romance in distinctly spiritual perspective.
- "Song Of Reconciliation" – Susan Ashton, Margaret Becker, and Christine Dente. Yes, there is sometimes trouble in paradise.
- "One Thing" – Charlie Peacock. Charlie Peacock is best know as a producer. Heck, even produced some of Amy Grant's music. This is one of his really fine solo songs, however.
- "I.O.U. Me" – BeBe and CeCe Winans. There are probably a million Winans, last count. This is a brother/sister duo that had a few big pop hits in the '80s.
- "This Is The Day" – Scott Wesley Brown. Before Steven Curtis Chapman came up with his big one, this was an extremely familiar tune at Christian weddings.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
You might be little spoon or perhaps a Belieber. Or, if you’re lucky, one popular country star.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”