When people talk about Christian relationship songs, they're usually talking about a relationship between humans and God. But, believe it or not, Christians fall in love just like everybody else. They even write songs about these experiences.
- "You Light Up My Life" – Debbie Boone. This one was a big hit for Pat Boone's daughter. She said she was singing these words to God, but she didn't mind having a big pop hit with it, either.
- "Kiss Me" – Sixpence None the Richer. Like Jars Of Clay before them, a lot of folks probably didn't even know this was a group of Christians. And unlike Debbie Boone, this one was a straight out love song.
- "I Will Remember You" – Amy Grant. Amy Grant is probably the highest profile Christian singer. She's even been through a divorce. She likely knows what's she's singing about.
- "I Will Be Here" – Steven Curtis Chapman. This one is an extremely popular Christian wedding song. It's the way you can tell if a couple is seriously Christian.
- "Household Of Faith" – Steve Green. Family is really big in the church, which is why a sentiment like this one is so special.
- "Answered Prayer" – Bob Carlisle. This is the "Butterfly Kisses" guy, putting love and romance in distinctly spiritual perspective.
- "Song Of Reconciliation" – Susan Ashton, Margaret Becker, and Christine Dente. Yes, there is sometimes trouble in paradise.
- "One Thing" – Charlie Peacock. Charlie Peacock is best know as a producer. Heck, even produced some of Amy Grant's music. This is one of his really fine solo songs, however.
- "I.O.U. Me" – BeBe and CeCe Winans. There are probably a million Winans, last count. This is a brother/sister duo that had a few big pop hits in the '80s.
- "This Is The Day" – Scott Wesley Brown. Before Steven Curtis Chapman came up with his big one, this was an extremely familiar tune at Christian weddings.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.