Learn this simple Christmas ham dinner menu to be able to prepare a delicious meal featuring ham. Ham is a wonderful, sweet meat that is versatile and makes for some good leftover options as well. Certain foods go better with ham than with other meat. Follow this Christmas ham dinner menu to prepare a complementary meal that your guests can enjoy.
For Christmas ham dinner menu, you will need:
- Spiral-cut ham
- Scalloped potatoes
- Bacon cooked green beans
- Spinach salad with strawberries and light dressing
- Cornbread muffins
- Choice of dessert, like pumpkin pie or pecan pie
- Start planning the dinner menu. Determine what each guest likes to eat. The menu items listed are suggestions of dinner menu items that go well together. Use your own experience with your guests' palates to decide on what to fix.
- Buy a large enough ham. Ham is a delicious meat that works well in leftover dishes from ham and beans to breakfast ham to sandwiches. Be sure to buy enough ham so you'll have leftovers if desired. Spiral-cut ham is a popular choice as is bone-in ham.
- Decide on potatoes to serve. Scalloped potatoes made with a creamy sauce and cheese is a good choice to serve with Christmas ham dinner.
- Choose a vegetable or two. Green beans cooked with bacon and onions makes a delicious menu addition to a ham dinner.
- Make a light salad addition. A green salad like baby spinach with sliced strawberries topped with a light dressing is a perfect accompaniment to Christmas ham dinner.
- Serve cornbread muffins. Cornbread goes with ham for a nice change of pace from regular dinner rolls.
- Add pumpkin or pecan pie to the menu. A nice finish to Christmas ham dinner is pumpkin or pecan pie. Serve sweetened whipped cream on top of each slice of pie.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
10 Things to Talk About This Weekend
Ebola, Brad Pitt, and giant spiders.