Chromes disease is a form of inflammatory bowel disease that causes the digestive tract lining to swell with inflammation. More commonly called as Crohn’s disease, Chromes disease is a painful condition that usually results to painful and debilitating condition.
- Chromes disease is characterized with inflammatory condition. The lining of the gastrointestinal tract swells. The inflammation may extend from the lining of the gastrointestinal organ deep into the bowel tissue layers.
- Various symptoms may manifest with Chromes disease. The common symptom to experience is gastrointestinal pain. The pain may vary from mild to severe form, and it may occur gradually or suddenly. Remission of pain is also common where one may not feel any pain at all. Other common signs and symptoms associated with Chromes disease include diarrhea, bloody stool, cramped abdomen, weight loss, loss of appetite, and ulcers.
- The cause of Chromes disease is unknown. However, experts suspect that Chromes disease may be a form of autoimmune disorder where the autoimmune system of the body aggressively reacts to foods, bacteria and substances, considering them as forms of foreign body. Genetic factors are also considered to be the probable cause for the condition.
- Series of laboratory tests can diagnose Chromes disease. A blood test can help diagnose intestinal bleeding and identiy elevated white blood cell count indicative of inflammatory condition. A GI test may also be taken to determine the extent of inflammatory condition of the intestine. With Chromes disease, it is necessary to take both upper and lower GI tract x-rays.
- Complications can occur with Chromes disease. Among the common complications associated with the condition are nutritional deficiency, blockage of the intestine, sore or ulcer formation, kidney stone, gallstone, and liver disease.
- Main objective of treatment is to reduce the inflammatory condition. Depending on the extent of the damage the treatment options for Chromes disease would be anti-inflammatory drug therapy and surgery. Other forms of treatment for Chromes disease include lifestyle changes and proper diet.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
What You Can Learn From Your Date’s Outfit—Including How Luc...
From the daddy’s girl to the free spirit to the trendsetter, we’ve got you covered.
10 Reasons Your Wife Is Unhappy in Your Marriage
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.