Cipro Side Effects
Cipro side effects are something every user of the medication should know. Not every person who takes this medication will suffer from the side effects. However, it is advisable to understand the common side effects of every medication you are taking, so you can be more prepared of what to look for in the way of symptoms. This will also help you indicate whether or not the medication is working properly for you.
Cipro is a generally given as an antibiotic to fight off many types of infections.
Some of the reported Cipro side effects include:
- Digestive side effects such as stomach pain, nausea, diarrhea or vomiting. These digestive problems are the most common side effect known to develop while taking this medication. Some of these side effects may be helped by taking other medications along with the drug, but you should check with your physician or pharmacist first.
- Headaches. Headaches are a common side effect in many medications. It is also one of the many Cipro side effects. If they become severe, you should discuss this matter with your physician. You may also want to see if any other pain medications can be given for this symptom.
- Restlessness. Restlessness is one of the rare Cipro side effects, but it has been reported to have been experienced by some patients who have taken this drug.
- Skin rashes or itchiness of the skin. Skin irritations, itchiness and even rashes can be an annoyance. However, they are not considered a severe side effect of this medication. Yet, if they continue or if they become worse, you should seek medical treatment.
- Hallucinations, seizures, delirium, chest pain and dark urine. These are considered severe Cipro side effects. They are reported in less than one percent of those who have taken this drug. If you experience any of these symptoms, seek medical help immediately.
Yes, Cipro is a popular antibiotic and it has helped to fight off many infections. Yet, it is not without its own set of side effects among a small group of individuals.