Cities In India
If you are planning to vacation at or are just interested in one of the exotic cities in India, keep reading. India has been know for and traveled to for its rich culture for generations. India is full of natural and human built attractions. Check out this list of cities in India.
- Agra, India. The city of Agra in Uttar Pradesh is world famous for being the home of architectural wonders, it sits on the right bank of the River Yamuna. Arga, India is home to the priceless aw-inspiring Taj Mahal, the most luxurious mausoleum on earth. The historic city of Arga is also home to the heritage sites, Arga Fort and Fatehpur Sikri. Arga, India is a popular honeymoon destination.
- Delhi, India. The city of Dehli is the capital of India as well as its political seat. The culturally diverse Delhi is known for its historical monuments, such as Red Fort, Humayun's Tomb, Jama Masjid and Lotus Temple. It is also know for being the seat of the nostalgic "Old Delhi."
- Jaipur, India. This India city was named after its founder, Sawai Man Singh, it is the capitol city of Rajasthan. Known for it spectacular palaces and forts, this Indian city is also called the "Pink City." The city of Jaipur is located in the western tip of the "Golden Triangle" of tourism. Jaipur, India is home to City Palace, Hawa Mahal, Amber Fort and Jantar Mantar.
- Varanasi, India. Varanasi is one of the oldest cities on the planet, it sits on the west bank of the River Ganges in the state of Uttar Pradesh. Varanasi is the holy city to millions of devout Hindus. This city in India is also a big tourist attraction for many who want to take a boat ride along the divine River Ganges. Sarnath, a Buddhist pilgrimage center is located just under seven miles from Varanasi.
- Hyderabad, India. This city in India is the capital of Andhra Pradesh and has one of the best examples of Muslim-Hindu friendliness. Located in Southern India, Hyderabad has a medieval charm and is well know for its historical monuments, lakes, bazaars and cuisine. A major IT hub of the world, this city has recently earned the nickname "Cyberabad."
- Ladakh, India. Ladakh is located beyond Kashmir Valley and the famous Zoji La Pass. It is surrounded by the mountains of Karakaram and the Himalayas, the Indus River runs through Ladakh's high altitude desert. The city of Ladakh is know for its brightly colored monasteries, hand made wall hangings and the aroma of its butter tea.