Your travel guide to New York provides the best City Island restaurants in the state. City Island was founded near the end of New York City. It's surrounded by Eastchester Bay and Long Island Sound. Those who come to this small island love to dine in its restaurants. Here is your City Island restaurant guide.
- Artie's Steak & Seafood If you love seafood, be sure to visit this restaurant. With over 50 years of history in City Island, Artie's Steak & Seafood has established itself as the place to eat. The restaurant's atmosphere is fun and comfortable. You can enjoy both lunch and dinner courses when you visit. Artie's Steak & Seafood: 394 City Island Ave. City Island, NY 10464
- Lobster Box This City Island eatery boasts the freshest seafood dishes you can eat near the Sound. The extensive menu of lunch and dinner entrees makes it hard to choose where to begin. However, the great specials will get you started. Contact the Lobster Box for a list of hours. Lobster Box: 34 City Island Ave. City Island, NY 10464
- Lobster House Restaurant The Lobster House is one of the best restaurants on the island. It features numerous lobster dishes prepared to perfection. This place is great for dinner dates or small groups. The hours of operation may vary for each season, but it is open year-round. Reservations are accepted. Lobster House: 681 Bridge St, City Island, NY 10464
- Sea Shore If you’re looking for an elegant dining experience, check out the Sea Shore. This restaurant features a full bar, great atmosphere and excellent service. The menus are full of seafood and other dishes that include sushi and platters. Reservations are easily made online or by contacting the restaurant. Sea Shore: 591 City Island Ave. City Island, NY 10464
- Crab Shanty This restaurant is located in the Bronx area of City Island. It’s been around for a great number of years and is still going strong. The outside may not be as fancy as others on the island, but the ambiance is considered topnotch. There is a menu of specialty drinks as well. These drinks are handcrafted to your taste. Crab Shanty: 361 City Island Ave. City Island, NY 10464
- Tapas Restaurant & Lounge This City Island restaurant has a lounge with full bar and a charming dining area. The menu consists of delicious Spanish dishes and seafood. It’s ideal for dates, romantic married couples or groups. Reservations are highly encouraged. Tapas Restaurant & Lounge: 435 City Island Ave. City Island, NY 10464
- Ohana Japanese Hibachi Seafood & Steakhouse Ohana is one of the few Oriental restaurants on City Island. It's a classy place with flat screens televisions, a full bar and VIP seating. The food is cooked right in front of you on the hibachi grills. A nice sushi menu is also worth checking out. Although reservations are desired, they are not a major concern. Ohana Japanese Hibachi Seafood & Steakhouse: 500 City Island Ave. City Island, NY 10464
- Chef Rafael's This place serves a variety of dishes, but specializes in Italian. The menu offers calamari, baked ziti and other choices. Chef Rafael's is also a local favorite for fresh Italian cuisine. Chef Rafael's: 415 City Island Ave. City Island, NY 10464
- The Black Whale For over a decade, The Black Whale has served the tastiest dishes and cocktails. You'll enjoy homestyle meatloaf, seared tuna and large ice cream sundaes topped with all your favorites. There's a quaint outdoor patio for those who love dining in the fresh air. Lunch is only served on Saturday and Sunday, but dinner is served seven nights a week. The Black Whale: 279 City Island Ave. City Island, NY 10464
- Portofino Portofino is just one of several Italian island restaurants. It has a fantastic dining area with spacious seating. Meals are cooked to order and arrive to your table piping hot. Make your reservations before attending Portofino. Portofino: 555 City Island Ave. City Island, NY 10464
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?