Keep mold from turning your bathroom into a disgusting mess with our 5 tips for cleaning bathroom mold. Unfortunately, bathroom mold is a common problem that we all have to deal with. The damp, humid air in most bathrooms, in combination with a lack of ventilation, makes the the bathroom the perfect breeding ground for mold. Luckily, getting rid of bathroom mold is a simple task that just takes a few minutes every few days. You have two options for getting rid of bathroom mold; you can use natural cleaning supplies or chemical based cleaning supplies. No matter which kind of supplies you choose, a few minutes a day will keep your bathroom from being over-run with disgusting mold.
- Use water and vinegar. Water and vinegar is a natural way to get rid of bathroom mold without the harsh fumes of chemical cleaners. Fill a bucket or spray bottle with two parts warm water and one part white vinegar. Dip a clean towel of sponge into the vinegar and water solution and scrub away the mold in your bathroom. Once the mold is gone, open a window and let some air circulate into the bathroom. An open window will let the moisture that is trapped in your bathroom to escape and will slow the growth of any mold.
- Try water and baking soda. Pour a small amount of water into a cup or bucket and add baking soda to make a paste. Use a scrub brush or clean towel to scrub away bathroom mold. When the bathroom mold is gone, wipe away the remaining paste with warm water. This method works best when getting rid of bathroom mold on caulk or in between tiles.
- Buy a timer cleaner. Timer cleaners are chemical cleaners that are installed in your shower to combat bathroom mold on a daily basis. Timer cleaners can be set to distribute cleaner in your shower every 5, 10 or 30 minutes. They are great for cleaning bathroom mold in the shower without you having to lift a finger.
- Use a daily spray cleaner. These are chemical cleaners that are sprayed into the shower every day and kill bathroom mold on a regular basis. The best way to use a daily cleaner is to spray your shower or sink after each use. A hot, steamy and wet bathroom is the perfect place for mold to breed. Spraying a daily cleaner in the shower or sink right after they are used will help keep bathroom mold from forming.
- When all else fails, it's time for a good old fashioned scrubbing. Sprinkle a powdered chemical cleaner whereever bathroom mold has formed. Wet a clean towel or sponge and scrub away any mold. Once the bathroom mold is gone you can follow up with a daily spray cleaner to help keep the bathroom clean.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.