Use clogged milk duct treatment to ease the pain of tender clogged milk ducts. If a breastfeeding woman is clogged in the milk duct, she will experience tenderness, discomfort, redness and lumps on the breast. Clogged milk ducts are caused by inadequate feedings, pressure on the milk duct, skipping feedings and breast inflammation. Relieve breast pain and begin lactating normally after completing clogged milk duct treatment.
For clogged milk duct treatment, you will need:
- 2 towels
- Warm water
- Apply a warm compress on the breast. Soak a towel in warm water. Wring out the excess water, and wrap a dry towel around the wet towel. Place the towels on the affected breast for ten to fifteen minutes several times per day.
- Shower in warm water. Massage the clogged milk duct towards the nipple when showering. Warm water will reduce inflammation, and massaging will help the milk duct unclog.
- Loosen tight clothing. Tight clothing will constrict milk flow and circulation. Loosen the bra to aid milk flow.
- Breast feed frequently with the affected breast. Feed the baby from the affected breast first. Try feeding the baby in the "dangle feeding" position, which is when the mom leans over the baby, to help gravity dislodge the clog.
- Rest and drink plenty of fluids. Sleep well and drink a lot of water to help unclog the milk duct. Drink at least nine eight ounce glasses of water per day.
Decreased milk supply, and redness or bruises on the breasts can continue weeks after clogged milk duct treatment. Try to nurse the baby every two hours to keep the breasts as empty as possible. Use a breast pump to rid of milk when the baby is not feeding.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Meet Madeline Brewer, Netflix Princess
The Orange is the New Black and Hemlock Grove beauty discusses fitness and dating.
The 5 Types of Beer You Should Know
Get familiar with these basics, and you'll be ready to rule the craft-beer universe.