Fashion designer Coco Chanel quotes are as famous as her signature perfume. Born Gabrielle Bonheur Chanel, nicknaming herself Coco during a brief singing career, made a daring and long-lasting mark on the fashion world. Coco’s quotes have made a long lasting mark on the entire world.
- “I invented my life by taking for granted that everything I did not like would have an opposite, which I would like.”Coco’s early childhood was filled with difficulty. Her mother died when Gabrielle was only six, her father later abandoned her and her siblings. The complexity of her adolescence motivated her to chase a totally different way of life.
- “A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous.”This Coco Chanel quote translates into her couture. Coco created the “little black dress" in 1926. She took a color that once only women wore in conjunction with bereavement and turned the color of all night time affairs. The little black dress shouted classy and fabulous.
- “A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future.”Coco could have used this quote to market her own product! In 1922 Coco Chanel introduced a perfume, Chanel No. 5, one of the most famous scents in the world. It still remains a lucrative product of the Chanel empire.
- “There is no time for cut-and-dried monotony. There is time for work. And time for love. That leaves no other time.”This Coco Chanel quote describes Coco’s private life. Coco did mix work and love together. Coco’s relationships with men in her early career provided the needed monetary backing and social acquaintances to build her business and clientele. Another business partner/lover became her partner in the perfume business. With all this going on, no wonder there was no other time!
- “My friends, there are no friends.” This Coco Chanel quote might have resulted from a life lesson. Chanel had an affair during World War II with a Nazi officer. Many friends ended the relationship with the designer. This also caused a nose dive in the popularity of her fashion line and stores. As a result, she fled to Switzerland to escape the hostility.
- “Fashion fades, only style remains the same.”Style oozes from Coco’s clothing. Signature cardigan jackets, the pea coat, and Chanel suits, all have had the staying power that has lasted generation to generation. This Coco Chanel quote is at the heart of her creations.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.