Coconut Water Benefits
The benefits of coconut water have been known in several cultures and confirmed by scientific research. Found in young coconuts, coconut water is readily available in tropical countries located around the Caribbean, Central and South America, Africa and India. In these countries, coconut water straight from the coconut is cheap and more accessible. However, in countries like the U.S. and Canada, coconut water would come canned and artificially treated. Coconut water refers to the clear water embedded within the coconut's inner core. Another delight is the sweet, jelly-like, soft flesh which encloses the coconut water. The soil composition, aridity and temperatures influence the taste of the coconut water. It can either be sweet, tasteless or slightly acid.
- Hydration is a benefit of coconut water. Like water, it quenches thirst and hydrates the body on a hot, parched day. The coconut water is pure since the exocarp or outer shell protects the water from contamination and outside interference.
- Detoxification is a benefit of coconut water since the natural water purifies and cleanses the system. Coconut water is also advised as a medicine for suffers of gastroenteritis.
- Nutrition content is an imbibed benefit of coconut drinkers. Coconut water contains potassium, electrolytes, magnesium, low fat, no cholesterol, chloride, protein, calcium, vitamin C and iron. These nourishment gained from coconut water helps to combat diseases and reinforces the immune system which wards off sickening pathogens. Lauric acid belongs on the list of nutritive benefits of coconut water due to its antimicrobial capacities.
- Because coconut water is a natural, beneficial beverage, it is quickly absorbed into the system. Also the isotonic levels of coconut water and the blood plasma are the same which facilitates easy fusion and distribution in the body. The unprocessed coconut water is best to have since there would be no additives or preservatives.
- Energy is a natural benefit of coconut water. Coconut water is used in sports medicine as a beverage to replace lost body fluid through perspiration and protracted exercise. Also, the natural glucose sugars in the coconut water replenish and naturally stimulate the body.
- Healing of skin infections is another benefit of coconut water. Due to its detoxifying effect, the coconut water diminishes levels of oil in the skin. Coconut water also moisturizes and exfoliates the skin. Adding it to baths or shampoo works wonders in hair and skin appearance.