Collar Bone Tattoo Ideas
Need some collar bone tattoo ideas for your next ink job? Here’s a few recommendations – be they good or bad – to get your creative juices flowing when your tattoo artist is out of ideas.
- A crime you committed: Criminal Anthony Garcia thought it was a great idea to tattoo the exact location and nature of his crime all across his collar bone. Then he wondered why authorities pegged him as the guy who committed a gang murder in front of a liquor store in Pico Rivera. But if you’ve already done time for yours, why not display it all over your neck – what have you got to lose? Or not.
- Armed forces collar bone tattoo: Guys love displaying their unit’s emblem on their chests, for some reason. Join their ranks with one of your own if you belong to a branch of the armed forces.
- Cursive lettering: Be it the name of your girlfriend or the name of your pet, it doesn’t really matter. Cursive lettering is always in on the collar bone.
- Your favorite saying: Show off your tough guy side with a life quotation that’s inspired you. Whether it’s a quote from Rambo or Scarface or The Godfather, there must be some saying you’ve quoted over and over that you wouldn’t mind looking at in the mirror every morning.
- An animal: Generally animals with a wingspan or long body fit well on the long, lean collar bone. Pick something tough, like an eagle, a panther or a cobra, so you don’t get teased for it. In other words, no kittens or butterflies.
- A circular object: You always wanted to be Iron Man, right? Okay, so your heart doesn’t need that blue, glowing thing-a-ma-jig on to survive, but that doesn’t mean you can’t replicate it in the form of a collar bone tattoo.
- Your alter ego: If Eminem has an alter ego, why can’t you? If you envision yourself as Superman or the Grim Reaper, personify it on your collar bone.
- Bones: If you’re the skull and bones type, get the skeleton of an animal, a part of a human or even a mythical skeletal figure. These never go out of style, especially around Halloween.
- Celtic designs: If you don’t think images or words are timeless, go for a nondescript design. Thick scrolling and Celtic knots scrawled out across your chest are always considered romantic by the opposite sex.
- Wreath of leaves: Have you ever envisioned yourself as Caesar Augustus? If so, join the thousands of guys who have already tattooed a half-circle crown of laurels around their collar bones to make their point.
Posted on: May. 18, 2011