There were many impressive and some very futuristic vehicles shown at the concept cars 2009 auto shows. Out of all the vehicles that made their debut as a concept car, there were ten that definitely outshone the others.
Lincoln C: A very small sporty, four door roadster. All the windows are very large, including the windshield, giving the illusion of a more spacious car.
The grill gives this concept car a very luxurious touch for such a small car. The interior is very futuristic and the seats seem to float and the dash panel is all digital. The Lincoln C also features suicide doors and is a hatchback.
- Fisker Karma S Sunset: A two door convertible, which has a very exotic sports car feel but is a hybrid. This concept car of 2009 can drive for 50 miles without emmiting any emmisions. It has a four cylinder engine, all wheel drive, and a hard top that makes a flawless disappearance into the trunk. It seats four.
- Hyundai Nuvis: The Nuvis is a pure futuristic and stylish SUV. The Nuvis is a two door SUV with a gull wing door opening feature, 2.4 liter engine, 30 kilowatt electric motor, and six speed automatic transmission. This concept car is very sleek, and has no distinct edges or door handles.
- Mitubishi i-Miev Sport Air: An all electric concept car with a mere 80 horsepower. The i-Miev Sport Air is an extremely small and round vehicle. It has a large glass windshield, which takes up most of the front end of the car, to the back of the car. The roof is detachable for a convertible touch.
- Infiniti Essence: This 2009 concept car features a 3.7 liter, V-6 engine, with 434 horsepower. The Essence has a very long front end, with an intimidating look. An all glass roof, which extends to the very short back end featuring a spoiler. The inside of the car is very interesting. The driver side is all black and the passenger side is red. All functions including the stereo are blacked out until the driver decides to use them.
- Toyota FT-EV: The FT-EV is an all electric car. It can run for 50 miles on a full charge. The exterior has small leaves, flowers, and birds decals throughout the car. The FT-EV has large headlights going from one end of the car to the other. The interior is all white and very sharp looking. This small two door concept car can seat four comfortably.
- Honda FC Sport: The very impressive aerodynamic front end has no visible seams or distinct headlights. The dark tint windshield extends to the trunk of the car. This concept car seats three. The driver seat is in the center and the other two seats are in the back.
- Jeep Renegade: The Renegade is a topless two seater with a very rugged dune buggy feel. The Renegade features an electric and gasoline engine, 4×4, 400 mile range, triangular shaped openings in each door, first aid kit, plug-in port, and a top speed of 90 miles per hour.
- Koenigsegg Quant: An all solar powered concept car, which can be fully charged in an amazing 20 minutes. This sporty two door car has rear wheel drive, green accented wheels, four window options for front and back passengers, and fully adjustable rear seats.
- Nissan Forum: This is a very sleek, stylish low profile minivan concept car. The Forum features third row seating, glass roof extending to rear hatch, swivel second row seats, built in microwave, cameras to view all rows of seats, and a parking assistance camera. This vehicle has taken minivans to a whole new level. It has an SUV feel to it.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Today in Nick Offerman: Love, Work and iPhone Advice
He offered that, plus tales of college sex, on the Tonight Show.
A Noble Experiment… With Bourbon
What happens when jeans are “aged” liked a fine spirit? We’ll soon find out.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...