Before choosing any kind of countertop for your kitchen you should do your research, so here are some concrete countertops pros and cons to help you make an informed decision. Concrete countertops are beautiful and can be formed into any shape. Although some people attempt to create these countertops on their own, a good quality concrete countertop should be installed by a professional.
- Durability. One of the biggest pros of concrete countertops is their durability. As long as it is taken care of, it can last forever.
- They can fit any shape surface. Since concrete can form into any shape, you can create a concrete countertop to fit any shape or size kitchen surface. They can also be formed to continue into a backsplash and along side cabinets.
- Resistance to heat. Concrete is resistant to heat as well as scratches and stains. If you place a hot pot on your counter, you don't have to worry about damaging it. They are also difficult to damage so you don't need to worry about scratch marks from knives or other sharp object that might come in contact with it.
- They can be expensive to install. For those who are not willing to try installing these countertops themselves, hiring a professional to do it can be expensive. Those who are good at this kind of craftmanship charge a large amount for their expertise.
- They need to be sealed properly. If your concrete countertop is not sealed correctly it can be easily damaged. Since concrete is porous, the seal is needed to keep it from absorbing materials it comes in contact with.
- They have an industrial look. Although they can be beautiful, one of the cons of a concrete countertop is that they can have an industrial feel to them. If you are looking for warm and cozy, you will probably want to steer clear of them.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Beware These Telltale Signs Your Woman Is a Gold Digger
Now we ain’t sayin’ she is... but here are some clues.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
Why Your Wife May Be Unhappy in Your Marriage and How it Can...
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.