- How To Make A Calendar In Microsoft Excel
- How To Convert A Word Document To PDF
- How To Save Word Document As PDF
- How To Create A Fillable Form Using Microsoft Office
- How To Create Fillable Check Box in Microsoft Word 2007
- How To Make A Live Check Box In Microsoft Word
- How To Change iTunes Icon On Windows
Conditional Formatting In Excel 2007
Interested in learning more about conditional formatting in Excel 2007? Excel is a great spreadsheet tool that anyone can use, though it may find itself to be increasingly valuable for those in business. However, even the family finances can be done with Excel 2007. Conditional formatting in Excel 2007 is a format tool that allows for users to change the appearance of a cell by virtue of its value, or that of another value located in another cell. This allows for greater customization, not only within the spreadsheet itself, but also for those that are reading it.
To begin using conditional formatting in Excel 2007 you will need:
- a computer
- a copy of Excel 2007
- spreadsheet that has been started or completed
- First, open Excel 2007 n your computer. Then open the spreadsheet that you would like to try conditional formatting on.
- Select either the cell itself, or the entire column/row. There will need to be text, symbols, or numbers within the cell for conditional formatting to work.
- Select conditional formatting at the top right of the Excel ribbon. The Excel ribbon is a new feature with Microsoft Office and is seated at the top of the window. It's function is to allow quicker access to those items that are routinely used.
- If using just one cell, enter in the conditions you want. If using an entire column, highlight sections that you want the format to take place.
- Enter the values that you want. You can enter them manually, or you can reference a cell by typing in it's location (such as A12 or B2).
- Click the drop down arrow. Select the formatting you want. As an added bonus, you can use the preview to see what the formatting will look like.
- Click OK when you are satisfied with your changes.
Using conditional formatting in Excel 2007 is a helpful way in pointing out particulars with a spreadsheet, as well as making it look as professional as possible. Conditional formatting can also help those with home businesses or even home projects that need to be sectioned off, and organized for each person or item.
Posted on: Apr. 21, 2011