Convert Youtube To Wmv
You may be interested in learning how to convert YouTube to WMV file format if you want to keep a YouTube video on your hard drive. Converting YouTube to WMV is simple, and it only takes about ten minutes in total for the process to complete. If you’re tired of logging onto YouTube to watch your favorite videos, you can now simply download them and convert them to WMV format for your viewing pleasure (even while offline).
To convert YouTube to WMV, you will need:
- A computer
- A YouTube video
- Adequate hard drive space to download the video
- Open your favorite Internet browser and enter “www.keepvid.com” (no quotes) into your address bar. After pressing enter, you’ll be taken to a popular website that allows users to download their favorite YouTube videos to their hard drives in FLV file format.
- Copy the URL of your YouTube video and paste it into the URL field of Keepvid.com. After you’re finished pasting, simply press the “Download” button next to the text box, and wait for the website to find your video and make it available for download.
- You should be taken to a page with several different options for download. These options are located near the bottom, and they contain different types of downloads that you can choose from. For example, you can download low quality, high quality, high quality MP4, etc. You will need to select “Download FLV” and make sure that it is the high quality selection.
- Your browser will present you with a file download box. Save the file and remember the location where you saved your FLV file. You will need it soon for when you convert YouTube to WMV.
- Grab a copy of RZ Video Converter Lite from Cnet. This is a lite video converter that is perfect for the job of converting YouTube to WMV.
- When you first use RZ Video Converter Lite, you’ll need to configure it so that you end up with the WMV file format. First, look at the bottom of the program for the “Target Profile” box. Select the down arrow next to it and hover your mouse over “Zune.” A new menu will pop out, and you’ll need to select “Zune Windows Media 8 Movie” from the list. This is just a label for the WMV file format. Next, look below the “Target Profile” and select the down arrow for “Target Folder.” Select “Customize” from the list and browse to where you want the new WMV file to be saved to.
- Lastly, load your video into the converter. This can easily be done by dragging the FLV file into the left pane of the converter.
- Select the big, circular “START” button in the lower right corner. Now, all you have to do is wait! The program will convert your video to the WMV file format and once it’s done, it will be saved in the location you chose. Now that you know the method for converting YouTube to WMV, you’ll be able to save all sorts of videos that you love from YouTube.