Cookie Cake Recipe
Make your own awesome celebration treats with this easy cookie cake recipe. This recipe turns out a fresh, delicious, gooey dessert with perfect cookie cake texture. It definitely costs way less to follow this cookie cake recipe to make your own rather than shelling out $35 to buy one from the mall.
Here are the ingredients you need to make your own impressive cookie cake:
- 2 sticks butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 to 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips or M&Ms
- Oil cooking spray
- Decorative icing (optional)
- 15-inch round pizza pan
Follow these cookie cake recipe directions:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Measure the butter and both kinds of sugar. Place in a large mixing bowl. Cream together the butter and sugar with an electric mixer.
- Measure vanilla. Add the vanilla to the butter and sugar mixture. Break eggs into wet ingredients. Mix together well.
- Sift together flour, salt, baking soda and cream of tartar into a second bowl. Add dry ingredients little by little to the wet ingredients in three parts. Mix well after each addition. (Yes, you really need cream of tarter. Substitutions do not work well for the texture of the cookie.)
- Fold in the chips or candies. Spray the pizza pan lightly with oil cooking spray. Spread the batter on the pan evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees. Bake for twenty minutes. Cool completely before doing some optional decorating with icing.