Many people know how to cook bacon on a frying pan, but on the other hand, many people don’t know exactly how to cook bacon in the oven. There are many advantages available when you decide to cook bacon in the oven including the fact that it’s less of a mess, easy to clean up, and very easy. If you’ve got a few common household items and some bacon, you’re ready to bake your bacon.
To cook bacon in the oven, you will need:
- Strips of bacon
- An oven
- A cookie sheet or other flat baking surface
- A plate
- A paper towel
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees to properly cook bacon. You don’t want to raise the temperature any higher or you could risk burning or getting your bacon a little more crispy than desired.
- Start by covering the cookie sheet with tin foil. Be sure to cover the entire surface with the foil, and wrap the excess around the edges. Keep covering until the entire surface is covered.
- Start laying your bacon on the cookie sheet. You want to make sure that each strip of bacon is about an inch apart from others to allow them to fully and correctly cook. Make sure they’re side-by-side and not overlapping.
- Once the oven is done preheating, pop the pan into the oven.The bacon will need to bake anywhere from 10-15 minutes depending on the type and size. Periodically check the bacon (but do not flip) to monitor doneness. People that like crispiness can leave the bacon in the oven anywhere from 15-20 minutes.
- While waiting for the bacon to cook, prepare a plate with a paper towel over it.You will use it to place the bacon on. The excess grease from the bacon will drain into the paper towel.
- When the bacon is finished, pull it out of the oven. Place the pan on top of the oven, and begin transferring the bacon to the plate. Allow the bacon to drain for 2-3 minutes, and then serve. Congratulations, you’ve managed to cook bacon in a new way!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
Because for women, denim is truth serum.
15 Types of Tattoos Worth the Newfound Health Risks
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.