Cool Cars Games
Nothing makes a gamer's heart thump with much as excitement like these cool car games. Whether on asphalt or off-road, gamers have the chance to get behind the wheel of the fastest cars ever designed. Let’s look at some of the most successful cool car games franchises to date.
- “Gran Turismo” is one of the most successful racing games ever developed. It was first released in December 1997 and includes five additional games in the main series and six spin-offs. It apparently started the real driving simulator genre with its superb handling and ultra realistic graphics. It’s also filled with the coolest cars that were ever made by every automotive company in the planet.
- “Need for Speed” was first released in 1994 and has spawned seventeen sequels with “Shift 2: Unleashed” as the latest upcoming game in the series. It introduced drifting and dragging as well as the popular police pursuits. Playing cat and mouse between felons and police have never been so addictive with its unbelievable graphics and cool cars!
- The “Burnout” series featured high-speed races which promoted extreme aggression. Players are rewarded by performing risky stunts or causing as much havoc as possible on the road. These games are also best known for its realistic portrayal of cool car crashes.
- “Wipeout” is by far the most futuristic in the car racing genre as it features high-tech hovercrafts equipped with weapons and defensive items. The game was first released in 1995. Nine additional “Wipeout” titles were released, with “Wipeout HD” as the latest in 2008. The series employed a unique racing experience through its antigravity race tracks, high speed combat and engaging electronic music.
- “Midnight Club” was developed by Rockstar Games, which was best known for their “Grand Theft Auto” series; however, “Midnight Club” sets itself as a game in its own with its realistic depictions of real life cities and its focus on urban competitive racing. Its latest installment “Midnight Club: Los Angeles” featured a very realistic rendition of the city street by street. Los Angeles drivers should feel right at home in this cool cars game.