Cool Google Tricks
Knowing some cool Google tricks can help you get better search results when submitting a query. This saves you a lot of time and frustration. These are good, so be sure to bookmark this article or make notes somewhere so you can easily access them.
What you will need to use these cool Google tricks:
- Internet connection
- Web browser
Here are the Google tricks:
- Site search function. This is very handy for searching any site on the internet. Set up your query like this without the quotes: "site:domain.com query." Example: "site:mademan.com low carb diet" will return numerous results about low carb diets. Try it!
- Domain search function. This Google trick will narrow down a search to include only domains that are .com, .org, .edu, or others like it. Set it up like this without the quotes: "site:.gov tax return forms." Example: "site:.gov tax return forms" returns only government sites that provide tax return forms. Cool, huh?
- What time is it? Have you ever wondered if it is too late to call friends in another state? This cool search query will tell what time it is where they are: "What time is it in some place." For example, "What time is it in San Francisco" will show the current time there right underneath the search results count.
- Convert. Use Google to give you quick conversions. Typing in "convert: 5 pounds to kilograms" will give you the answer 2.72 kilograms. Using "convert 3 miles to feet" will show you 15,840 feet. Try it with other things such as time and currency.
- Definitions. Want a quick definition? Use this Google search trick: "definition:word" and replace word with your word. For example, you can type in definition:radar, and Google returns with the pronunciation, part of speech and the definition for radar.
What is the coolest Google trick of all? Doing a search for "site:google.com Google Tricks" will give you more tricks than you can shake a mouse at.