These Simple-to-make Cool Whip recipes will get you out of the kitchen in no time. Cool Whip is a sweet and creamy addition to any dessert. No need to whip the cream yourself in these Cool Whip and fruit combos, so each one takes just a few minutes to prepare. Try the comfort of the banana pudding from your childhood or a sophisticated trifle for company.
To make trifle, you will need:
- 1 angel food cake
- 2 cups strawberries, washed stemmed and sliced
- 4 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1 can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 2 small boxes of instant vanilla pudding
- 4 cups milk
- 1 container Cool Whip
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted and roughly chopped
- Cut the angel food cake into 1-inch cubes. Prepare the pudding with the milk, according to the package, and set in the refrigerator to cool.
- Place the strawberries, bananas, and drained pineapple into a bowl. Mix together gently.
- Layer half of the angel food cake cubes in a large glass bowl or trifle dish. Spoon out half of the pudding and smooth it over the cake. Add a layer of half of the fruit, a layer of half of the Cool Whip, and then sprinkle with half of the pecans.
- Repeat the same steps to make a another layer, using the rest of the ingredients. Store in the refrigerator. Serve cold.
Million Dollar Pie
If you want to make Million Dollar Pie, you will need:
- 1 large container Cool Whip
- 1 medium can crushed pineapple, drained of all but 1 tablespoon juice
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 graham cracker pie crusts
- In a large bowl combine the sweetened condensed milk with the lemon juice. Stir in the pineapple.
- Fold in the entire container of Cool whip. Gently fold in the pecans.
- Put half of the mixture into each pie shell. Level the mixture out evenly.
- Place in the refrigerator to chill. Serve cold.
If you want to make Banana Pudding, you will need:
- 6 large bananas, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups of whole or low-fat milk
- 2 boxes of instant banana pudding, banana or vanilla
- 1 container of Cool Whip
- 1 box of vanilla wafers
- Take a glass pan and line the bottom of it with one layer of vanilla wafers. Crumble a few cookies into a small bowl and set aside.
- Prepare the pudding according to the directions on the package. Add the bananas to the pudding.
- Pour half of the pudding and banana mixture into the dish over the cookies. Layer half of the cool whip over the pudding and level it.
- Repeat these same layers with the remaining ingredients ending with a layer of Cool Whip. Sprinkle the cookie crumbs over the top for decoration.
- Place in the refrigerator and let chill. Serve cold and refrigerate any leftovers.
If you want to make Fruit Salad, you will need:
- 1 container Cool Whip
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 small can pineapple tidbits
- 1 cup grapes
- 1 small can mandarin oranges
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
- Mix all fruits together in a large glass bowl. Fold in whipped cream. Add marshmallows and fold in gently.
- Put into the refrigerator to chill. Serve chilled as a side dish or dessert.
Fresh Blueberry Pie
If you want to make Fresh Blueberry Pie, you will need:
- 1 baked 9-inch pie shell
- 1 8-ounce package of cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons of white sugar
- 2 cups Cool Whip
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Place the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla into a mixing bowl. Beat together until fluffy. Fold in Cool Whip with a rubber spatula.
- Fill the baked pie shell with the mixture. Place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Add blueberries to the top before serving. Serve chilled and store leftovers, if there are any, in the refrigerator.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
A Noble Experiment… With Bourbon
What happens when jeans are “aged” liked a fine spirit? We’ll soon find out.
Today in Nick Offerman: Love, Work and iPhone Advice
He offered that, plus tales of college sex, on the Tonight Show.
Cooking With Booze: Bourbon Barrel Quad Ice Cream
If you're ever going to make dessert, make it this beer-and-bourbon brilliance.