Next time you are thinking about taking a vacation, think about visiting the Corpus Christi beaches. This area of Texas, colloquially called the "Texas Riviera" has some great beaches along the Gulf of Mexico. These are a few of the best Corpus Christi beaches:
- Corpus Christi Beach – This beach is located right inside the town of Corpus Christi. The white sand beach is a popular destination, with access to attractions like the Texas State Aquarium and local bars and restaurants.
- McGee Beach – This is another beach inside the town of Corpus Christi. The calm water makes it a great beach to visit if you have kids.
- Padre Island National Seashore – This is the world's longest stretch of barrier island. It's a great place to explore a natural, unspoiled environment full of beaches, sand dunes and grasslands.
- Padre Balli Park/Bob Hall Pier – This Corpus Christi beach is a great place for camping. There are a number of paved campsites, as well as primitive camping on the beach. Fishing fans will enjoy dropping their lines in the water from the Bob Hall Pier.
- Whitecap Beach – This one and a half mile long Corpus Christi beach is a great place to escape the crowds. It's usually sparsely populated, so it's a great place to relax and enjoy a bit of quiet.
- Mustang Island State Park – This state park boasts 5 miles of coastal beach front. Visit this Corpus Christi beach to enjoy swimming, fishing, camping and other activities.
- J.P. Luby Surf Park/North Packery Jetty – Enjoy the best surfing to be found in the area at this Corpus Christi beach. This beach is also a popular destination for paddle boarding and wind surfing.
- Packery Channel – Bird-lovers will enjoy the visits from the area's myriad sea birds at this Corpus Christi beach. The avian crowd includes long-billed curlews, diving ducks and American oyster-catchers, as well as many migratory birds.
- South Packery Jetty Beach – This beach is a great place for shell collecting and snorkeling. If you are visiting Corpus Christi's beaches with your family, you will find South Packery Jetty a great place for kids.
- Upper Padre Island Seawall – It's legal to drive on the stretch of beach in front of this seawall. The seawall itself protects local hotels and condos from storm surge.
- Windward Beach Access – This is a great place to walk along the seawall and enjoy the view. This stretch of beach is also much-loved by local surfers.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.