Next time you are thinking about taking a vacation, think about visiting the Corpus Christi beaches. This area of Texas, colloquially called the "Texas Riviera" has some great beaches along the Gulf of Mexico. These are a few of the best Corpus Christi beaches:
- Corpus Christi Beach – This beach is located right inside the town of Corpus Christi. The white sand beach is a popular destination, with access to attractions like the Texas State Aquarium and local bars and restaurants.
- McGee Beach – This is another beach inside the town of Corpus Christi. The calm water makes it a great beach to visit if you have kids.
- Padre Island National Seashore – This is the world's longest stretch of barrier island. It's a great place to explore a natural, unspoiled environment full of beaches, sand dunes and grasslands.
- Padre Balli Park/Bob Hall Pier – This Corpus Christi beach is a great place for camping. There are a number of paved campsites, as well as primitive camping on the beach. Fishing fans will enjoy dropping their lines in the water from the Bob Hall Pier.
- Whitecap Beach – This one and a half mile long Corpus Christi beach is a great place to escape the crowds. It's usually sparsely populated, so it's a great place to relax and enjoy a bit of quiet.
- Mustang Island State Park – This state park boasts 5 miles of coastal beach front. Visit this Corpus Christi beach to enjoy swimming, fishing, camping and other activities.
- J.P. Luby Surf Park/North Packery Jetty – Enjoy the best surfing to be found in the area at this Corpus Christi beach. This beach is also a popular destination for paddle boarding and wind surfing.
- Packery Channel – Bird-lovers will enjoy the visits from the area's myriad sea birds at this Corpus Christi beach. The avian crowd includes long-billed curlews, diving ducks and American oyster-catchers, as well as many migratory birds.
- South Packery Jetty Beach – This beach is a great place for shell collecting and snorkeling. If you are visiting Corpus Christi's beaches with your family, you will find South Packery Jetty a great place for kids.
- Upper Padre Island Seawall – It's legal to drive on the stretch of beach in front of this seawall. The seawall itself protects local hotels and condos from storm surge.
- Windward Beach Access – This is a great place to walk along the seawall and enjoy the view. This stretch of beach is also much-loved by local surfers.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.