Countries In Asia
If you are considering taking a trip halfway across the world to the East, it might be a good idea to become well-versed with some of the many countries in Asia. Asia is a large continent that spans from the Far East all the way to the Middle East. The continent is full of diverse languages, nationalities, ethnic groups, religions, cuisines and landscapes.
- Japan - The island of Japan is located in northeastern Asia, in the Pacific Ocean. Japan consists of thousands of islands, the largest of which are Honshu (the main island), Shikoku, Kyushu and Hokkaido. The nation's biggest cities are Tokyo, Osaka, Yokohama, Nagoya, Kyoto, Kobe and Sapporo. Japan has one of the planet's largest populations.
- India - India is a South Asian country that is the second largest nation on earth, with a population of more than one billion people. The official languages of the country are both English and Hindi, although the nation is home to hundreds of dialects. The biggest cities in the country are Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore, Hyderabad and Chennai.
- China - China is one of the biggest nations on earth in terms of land mass, and is the single largest population-wise, with a population of well over one billion individuals. China, like India, is a diverse Asian land with a wide array of linguistic dialects, most notably Mandarin and Cantonese. The country's largest metropolises are Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou, Tianjin and Shenzhen.
- Iran - Iran is a Western Asian nation that is part of the Middle East. Iran previously was known as Persia. The official language of Iran is Persian, with other commonly spoken tongues including Turkmen, Armenian, Azeri, Luri, Kurdish and Arabic. The capital city of Iran is Tehran. Other large cities are Tabriz, Mashhad, Ahvaz and Esfahan.
- Thailand - Thailand is a Southeastern Asian nation that was previously known by the name "Siam." Thailand shares borders with the nations Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia and Cambodia. The nation is a popular international tourist destination for its warm climate and scenic beaches. The biggest city is Bangkok, which also is its capital.