Country Music Singers
Today, country music singers are plentiful, and not just in Nashville. Even the pop charts have an occasional representative from the country music industry. While it may be hard to narrow it down to just five, here is a listing of different country music singers, each with their own musical feel and personality.
- Taylor Swift – As one the youngest member on the list of country music singers, don’t think that she doesn’t have a lot of work to show off. To date she has been nominated for over 140 awards and has walked away victorious over 80 times. Those statistics are just a small showing of how she has come onto the scene and made major changes in an industry that was ready for a little bit of new blood. In 2008, she was awarded the Best Album of the Year for “Fearless” and the Best Female Country Vocal Performance for “White Horse”.
- Carrie Underwood- In continuing with the infusion of new blood into the pool of country music singers, Carrie Underwood came onto the scene and insisted on making a splash. While most singers make their way into the industry in a traditional way, Carrie was the season four winner of the show “American Idol”. From there, the rest is as they say, history. She is one of a handful of multi-platinum selling country music singers and is even a member of the Grand Ole Opry. Even if you aren’t a fan of country music you may have heard of “Jesus, Take the Wheel”, “Before He Cheats”, and more recently, “Last Name”.
- Reba McEntire- With a career that began in the 1970’s, Reba McEntire is a worthwhile person to point out as far as country music singers go. She has truly earned the nickname, “Queen of Country.” Her first Top 20 hit came from a cover of the Patsy Cline song, “Sweet Dreams of You”. She took a break from music to pursue interests in television with a hit show “Reba” and also performances on Broadway, but her heart was truly with country music. She has made several different “comebacks” and it seems that each is more successful than the last.
- Tim McGraw – How could anyone mention country music singers and forget about the men? While he has many notable achievements including 11 albums that debuted at number one on the Billboard charts (consecutively), you may find yourself being most impressed with the fact that he is married to Faith Hill ( another country music singer). He too is no stranger to awards and winning. To date he holds three Grammy’s, three People’s Choice Awards, and over ten CMA awards. Much like other country music singers, he too has stepped over into other forms of entertainment and has worked on films like “The Blind Side” as well as “Country Strong”.
- Alan Jackson – With country music singers, it isn’t always about how well you sing. Sometimes it is about the words that you write. In the case of Alan Jackson, writing songs is just one part of his appeal to fans everywhere. With a honky tonk vibe all his own, he too is the recipient of numerous awards and honors. He has 14 albums and has participated in several different compilations. Several early successes include songs like, “Chasin’ That Neon Rainbow” and “Here in the Real World”. You can truly get a sense for the type of artist he is when you here more recent songs like “Where Were You When the World Stopped Turning?” a song to commemorate the experience of 9/11 as well as “Sissy’s Song” to celebrate the life that was lost.
Country music singers are each unique and you might have a tough time preventing yourself from participating in a little toe tapping, no matter who you are.