Creamed Spinach Recipe
If you like green leafy vegetables, then you may want to learn how to make a creamed spinach recipe. This side dish is a step-up from the canned spinach with a bland taste. Continue reading to find out the best way to prepare a creamed spinach recipe.
To make creamed spinach, you will need:
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ cup of shallots, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 tbs butter, unsalted
- ½ c heavy cream
- 2 lbs. spinach, washed and stems removed
- Small pot
- Sauté pan
- Mixing spoon
- Vegetable knife
- Cutting board
- Prepare spinach. Start the creamed spinach recipe by adding a tablespoon of salt to a large pot that is half-filled with water. Place pot on a high heat setting on the stove top and wait for boiling to begin. Put the spinach in the pot and let boil for two to three minutes.
- Dice spinach. Continue the creamed spinach recipe with dumping the contents of the pot through a sieve. Remove the spinach and set it on a cutting board to chop into small pieces. Place the contents out of the way for future use.
- Perform a sauté. Place a small pan with butter on a medium-high flame on top of the stove. Melt the butter before adding garlic and shallots while performing the creamed spinach recipe. Stir the ingredients in the pan, letting it cook for a minute before adding the spinach.
- Add items. Stir the pan and add nutmeg, salt, pepper and cream. Continue cooking the creamed spinach recipe until the cream cooks down to half its volume. The food should cook for about three minutes and served immediately.
Congrats! You have completed making a delicious cream spinach recipe. Enjoy!