There are lots of options to create a resume online for free, making it easier than ever to make sure you're prepared for your next interview. If you're not sure which free site to use online, ask family or friends what sites they have used, or search for reviews online about the different sites to help you make a resume for free.
- Internet Access
- Knowledge of relevant times and contact information of previous employers
Creating your resume:
- Go online and find a site that allows free resume building. Although they are often free, it's not uncommon for you to have to join the site and give your personal details like name, address and email so they can solicit you later.
- Pick a template that fits the look you're going for. For example, a resume with little pictures or designs on it may not look the most professional if you plan to apply for a job on Wall Street.
- Fill in your info in the spaces provided. List your current and previous jobs, as well as your education and any special skills or continuing education that a prospective employers may find important.
- Add any photos or attachments that you think might be helpful with your resume. For example, if you're applying for a job as a freelance writer, attaching a writing sample is probably a good idea.
- Save your resume to your computer. Then either print it out to mail physical copies, or upload it to job search sites. Keep a copy of the resume on your computer so you can update it whenever necessary.
It can be easy and fun to create a resume online for free. Make sure you take the time to spell check your resume and look it over or any critical errors.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
10 Things to Talk About This Weekend
Ebola, Brad Pitt, and giant spiders.